It’s April and Spring has arrived! Now is a great time to take get out and take care of some spring home maintenance items.
Here are a few things to work on during the next couple weeks to keep your home in great shape!
- Clean out those gutters. Remove any dirt, debris and, leaves that might be in there. Keep them clear so that they drain properly.
- Service your A/C unit. Have a professional come out and check refrigerant levels, clean condenser coils, check condensation lines and more.
- Clean around your A/C unit. Remove any leaves or dirt and vacuum coils. (Professional may do this also)
- Inspect your roof for any loose or missing shingles. Check for soft spots or areas of concern.
- Inspect your attic. Look for damaged wood, rusted nails, and check to see if fans are ventilating properly.
- Complete pest control. Spring brings the bugs. Make sure they aren’t getting into your home and causing damage.
- Open crawl space vents you may have closed or covered for winter. Including hose bibs.
- Test your sump pump. Make sure your basement or crawl space is still dry and those sump pumps are working.
- Inspect your septic tank. Have a professional come out inspect and pump if necessary.
- Pressure wash drive-ways, sidewalks and decks.
Let the new season be a fresh start for your home!